Gmail: How to use and manage your student Gmail
For more detailed instructions on managing your student Gmail,
than those shown below,
please click here.
To send an email:
- Log into Tabor Online, and access your Gmail inbox.
- Click on
Compose on left hand side :
- A New Message text box will appear.
- Enter recipient's email address/es at the
- Enter a subject, and type your Message in the main text
- Note formatting, editing, and attaching tools at the bottom
of this text box.
- Click Send - bottom left
See this video for steps:
To answer an email:
- Click on the email to open it.
- You can click Reply or Forward, either by
the arrow/drop down, to the right of the sender's name, or
underneath the message at: Click here to Reply, Reply to all,
- Note that the first area has various other action options,
eg. print, delete, etc.
- Type your reply and click Send. If forwarding enter recipient's email address at the To field.
To add a cc or bcc recipient:
- Click on the email, and click Reply button, at top, or bottom
of the email.
- At the Type of response drop
down, just to the left of the sender's email address in the reply
email: select Pop out reply.
- In the pop out box, place your curser in the To address field, and Cc and Bcc will appear.
- Click on either for that field to appear; add the address/es.
To delete, move etc:
- If message is closed, select it via the select box, to the
left of sender's name, and various option tabs will appear.
- If message is open, you will have these tabs already.
- Hover over tabs to see what their function is.
- Note the functions under More drop down.
- You can also add labels (i.e. folders) under Labels
tab. Create labels, and manage labels are at the
bottom of labels already created.
- Delete moves the email to the Trash inbox, so it is not
- You can access it again, under Trash: click on More drop down
- To permanently delete, select it in Trash folder and click on
To organise your emails:
- To create other labels (folders): under More drop down (as above) and below Trash you will see Categories. Under Categories, click on Create new label to add a new one.
You labels will
be displayed under Compose as in the image
- You can select an emails or multiple emails via the select box next to the sender's name.
- Hover over tabs that appear and select the Move to option, which allows you to select a label (folder) to move the emails to.
You can add
stars to highlight important emails also. Click on the
blank star next to a received email to change colour, keep
clicking to the colour you require.
Last modified: Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 12:37 PM