Gmail: How to use and manage your student Gmail
For more detailed instructions on managing your student Gmail, than those shown below, please click here.
To send an email:
- Log into Tabor Online, and access your Gmail inbox.
- Click on Compose on left hand side :
- A New Message text box will appear.
- Enter recipient's email address/es at the To field.
- Enter a subject, and type your Message in the main text area.
- Note formatting, editing, and attaching tools at the bottom of this text box.
- Click Send - bottom left corner.
See this video for steps:
To answer an email:
- Click on the email to open it.
- You can click Reply or Forward, either by the arrow/drop down, to the right of the sender's name, or underneath the message at: Click here to Reply, Reply to all, or Forward.
- Note that the first area has various other action options, eg. print, delete, etc.
- Type your reply and click Send. If forwarding enter recipient's email address at the To field.
To add a cc or bcc recipient:
- Click on the email, and click Reply button, at top, or bottom of the email.
- At the Type of response drop down, just to the left of the sender's email address in the reply email: select Pop out reply.
- In the pop out box, place your curser in the To address field, and Cc and Bcc will appear.
- Click on either for that field to appear; add the address/es.
To delete, move etc:
- If message is closed, select it via the select box, to the left of sender's name, and various option tabs will appear.
- If message is open, you will have these tabs already.
- Hover over tabs to see what their function is.
- Note the functions under More drop down.
- You can also add labels (i.e. folders) under Labels tab. Create labels, and manage labels are at the bottom of labels already created.
- Delete moves the email to the Trash inbox, so it is not permanently deleted.
- You can access it again, under Trash: click on More drop down under Compose
- To permanently delete, select it in Trash folder and click on Delete forever.
To organise your emails:
- To create other labels (folders): under More drop down (as above) and below Trash you will see Categories. Under Categories, click on Create new label to add a new one.
- You labels will be displayed under Compose as in the image above.
- You can select an emails or multiple emails via the select box next to the sender's name.
- Hover over tabs that appear and select the Move to option, which allows you to select a label (folder) to move the emails to.
- You can add stars to highlight important emails also. Click on the blank star next to a received email to change colour, keep clicking to the colour you require.
Last modified: Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 12:37 PM