Gmail: How to redirect to another email address
Redirecting your Gmail:
- Emails to your student Gmail inbox can be redirected to another email address, so that you manage them in that account.
- It is your choice whether to redirect emails to your Gmail inbox or not.
- Some students prefer to keep Tabor/study related emails separate to their personal emails while others prefer to have all emails come to the one inbox.
- If you prefer the former, leave as it is, but remember to regularly check your Gmail inbox.
- If you prefer the latter, then redirect your emails.
The following video steps you through the process and we have provided written instructions below to assist you also:
- Log into Tabor Online, and access your Gmail inbox.
- Click on the Settings cog icon at the top right-hand corner: and from the drop-down menu, click on Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option from the menu that appears.
- Click the Add a Forwarding address button and enter the email address to which the emails will be forwarded.
- Click Proceed in the little p op up window that will come up, to confirm this email address.
- A pop up message will advise you that a confirmation code has been sent to that address to verify permission. You will need to access that email inbox to retrieve the code. You can close your Gmail account, and come back later with the code and enter it, and complete the process, if you are not able to access the other email address at this time, eg. on a mobile device.
- Enter the code in the Verify..............................................field and click Verify.
- At the Forwarding field: ensure the Forward a copy of incoming mail to....... is ticked.
- Also at that field, you have a choice of retaining emails in your Gmail inbox, or deleting; we recommend that you select 'Keep Tabor College Adelaide Mail's copy in the inbox'. This option comes in handy locating missing emails.
- Click Save changes.
- Note that you can add another address if you wish; incoming Gmails will then be sent to both the forwarding addresses.
- At any time you can undo this, either by deleting the forwarding email address, or just be ticking the Disable forwarding checkbox. If doing the latter, to reinstate, tick Forward a copy..............
See more on student Gmail on the next page.
Last modified: Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 12:37 PM