IMPORTANT: How to correctly copy and Paste from Word document and other file types
- When making a forum post, submitting an online assignment,
entering text into a Wiki, online Lesson, etc. and there is a
text box to type into, you may already have typed your answer
into a Word document, and you want copy and paste that into the
text box. Please do not just copy and paste in the normal
way. If you do, the formatting of the Word document, will
be brought across, and that is incompatible with the text coding
in Tabor Online. This can, and
often does, cause significant problems, eg. the text is
scrambled and lecturer cannot read it.
To do this correctly:
- Go to the Word document and copy your text.
- Come to the answer text box, in the forum, online assignment
submission spot, Wiki, etc.
- Click on the Paste special tool in the
tool bar above the text box:
- In 1.
Content to be pasted: paste your copied text.
- At 2. Select from where the text was formatted: select Paste as unformatted text. This will strip the formatting. Note this is the best option even if source is a Word document, Google document, etc. Some formatting can still come across if selecting those.
- Click Complete paste at 4. Then you can reformat your text using the text toolbar in Tabor Online.
- Complete your forum
post, assignment, lesson, Wiki, etc. and
NOTE: If you do Ctrl + V keys to paste, rather than
right mouse click and Paste, this will automatically bring up the
Paste special tool, so you won't forget to do this action.
So we recommend that you use Ctrl + V keys to paste your copied