Practice online Theory and Aural Assessment for the Bachelor of Music at Tabor.
(or if you have a TCA use that)
You have 60 minutes to complete the assessment. The 60 minutes begins when you press "start quiz".
You cannot 're-do' or have multiple attempts after submitting the assessment.
You can complete answers in any order you want as well as 'flag' questions to go back and revise before submitting.
The outcome of this theory and aural assessment is reviewed individually based on the strengths, weaknesses, consistency, and overall knowledge of music theory concepts. Each applicant will be notified of their success. Upon reviewing, you may be required to sit an additional assessment, be recommended to do our theory bridging course prior to commencing, recomendations to get a tutor, or no additional preparations may be necessary and you have met all requirements.
There are 49 questions, beginning with music theory and the last 13 questions are aural (listening).
Advice for completing the assessment
- Do not leave any questions blank
- Ensure all drop down boxes/menus have been utilised
- Tempo for the aural examples are approximately 80 BPM (crotchet = 80)
- Read the questions carefully and double check you have answered the questions correctly
- Give yourself approximately 1 minute per question. This will give you ten minutes spare to go back over questions.
If you have any questions regarding this practice assessment or your audition application, please email: email@example.com