Surviving Study and Managing Mental Health
Surviving Study Challenges and Keeping Good Mental Health
Sometimes study can be challenging but good mental health practices will help you get there. Here are some tips on how to make it through.
How to manage stress as a student https://youtu.be/Bk2-dKH2Ta4
Inside the mind of a master procrastinator https://youtu.be/arj7oStGLkU
Tips on time management https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrERYg6t6NM
Tips for Mental Health and Wellbeing
There are some basic things we can do to look after ourselves and to live life well:
1. Get adequate sleep and rest. Sleep may be the first thing to go when we get busy or stressed
2. Make time for things you enjoy
3. Keep active and eat healthy food
4. Nurture relationships and connect with others.
5. Learn to manage stress and overwhelming thoughts by engaging in relaxation, prayer or mindfulness.
6. Join a group with common interests such as a church, sport, music, volunteer or community group
7. Take on a new challenge to grow your confidence and give you a sense of achievement
8. Accept who you are and be happy in your own skin
9. Set realistic goals and deal with tasks one at a time.
10. Ask for help when you need it. Talk to a family member, a friend, your doctor or a helpline